E-Book Frequently Asked Questions
What is an e-book?
An e-book is a digital version of a traditional print book. You can download and read e-books on a variety of electronic devices, including computers, tablets, e-readers and mobile devices.
How are Gallup e-books formatted?
Gallup e-books are formatted as EPUB and MOBI files and can be read on most computers, tablets, e-readers and mobile devices. EPUB files are the most popular open book format and are compatible with many devices. MOBI files are compatible with Amazon Kindle devices and applications only.
How do I download and read my Gallup e-book?
Gallup recommends that you download your e-book to your personal computer first and then upload it to your device. To download directly to your computer:
- Sign in to the site with your Gallup Strengths Center account.
- On your dashboard, click the "Download My E-Book" button.
- Click the download button of the file format (EPUB or MOBI) that is compatible with your device.
How do I upload my e-book to an Apple device?
- Download the EPUB file to your computer.
- Connect your Apple device to your computer; iTunes should open automatically. Otherwise, launch iTunes, or download it here.
- Add your e-book to your iTunes library by dragging the e-book file to the Books library in iTunes.
- In iTunes, click "File," then "Sync iPad/iPod/iPhone" to transfer the e-book to your Apple device.
- To start reading, open the iBooks application on your Apple device and click on your Gallup e-book.
Please refer to the manufacturer's website or contact Apple support for further information or assistance.
How do I upload my e-book to an Android device?
- Download the EPUB file to your computer.
- Connect your Android device to your computer and click "Open device to view files."
For an e-book application:
- On your computer, open the folder "Tablet," then "ebook," then "Import."
- Copy your Gallup e-book from your computer to the "Import" folder.
- On your device, open the e-book application.
- Click "Import," then "ebook," and select your Gallup e-book.
- To read your Gallup e-book, open the e-book application and select your e-book.
For the Google Play Books application:
- On your computer, open the folder "Tablet," then "Documents."
- Copy your Gallup e-book from your computer to the "Documents" folder.
- On your device, open "My Files," then "Documents."
- Click on the title of your e-book and select the application "Play Books" to open the e-book.
Please refer to the manufacturer's website or contact Android support for further information or assistance.
How do I upload my e-book to my Kindle?
- Download the MOBI file to your computer.
- Connect your Kindle to your computer and open the Kindle drive. For Windows users, the Kindle drive will appear in the "My Computer" menu. For Mac users, the Kindle drive will appear on the desktop.
- In the Kindle drive, open the "Documents" folder.
- Drag your MOBI file from your computer into the "Documents" folder on your Kindle device.
- To start reading your e-book, safely eject your Kindle, then open your e-book from the Kindle library.
Please refer to the manufacturer's website or contact Amazon support for further information or assistance.
How do I upload my e-book to other devices?
For specific instructions on how to upload from your computer to your device, please refer to the manufacturer's website for information about how to install, read and synchronize e-books.
How long does it take to download an e-book?
The download time depends on the size of the e-book and the speed of your Internet connection. Typically, it should take only a few minutes to download an e-book.
How many times can I download my e-book?
You can download your Gallup Strengths Center e-book as many times as you want. However, to avoid misplacing or losing your e-book, Gallup recommends that you download the e-book to your personal computer first. You can then sync the file to your e-reader or other device.
Can I download my e-book to multiple devices?
Yes. Please note, however, that your e-book is not transferable. So any devices you download your e-book to must belong to you, and you cannot share your e-book link or files.
Are there any restrictions for using Gallup e-books?
As a publisher, Gallup takes copyright laws very seriously. Reselling, uploading to the Internet or any other means of digital distribution is prohibited. To guard against illegal distribution, Gallup e-books are protected by DRM (Digital Rights Management). Each e-book file is unique and contains both visible and invisible watermarks linking the e-book back to its purchaser, making it possible to trace illegal distribution. Any devices you download your e-book to must belong to you, and you cannot share your e-book link or files.
Can't find an answer?
The Gallup Support Team is available to assist you. Please Contact Us