How do I read my e-book on my computer?
Gallup recommends that you use Amazon's free Kindle reading app to read your e-book on your personal computer. To do so, you will need to install the app and place the e-book in its library.
- Navigate to Amazon's Kindle apps page to download and install the app.
- Open the app and sign in with your Amazon account.
NOTE: You can still read your e-book without signing in with your Amazon account. If you do not want to sign in with your Amazon account, close the Register Kindle window.
- From the top menu, click "Tools," and then select "Options." This will display the Options window.
- Click "Content" on the left side of the Options window. This will indicate the Kindle app's local content folder on your computer where you will need to place the MOBI file of your e-book.
- Download the MOBI file of your e-book to your computer and copy it to the folder indicated in the previous step.
- Close the Kindle app's Options window, and then press the F5 key on your keyboard to refresh your library. Your e-book will appear in the "Downloaded Items" section of your library.
NOTE: If you did not sign in to the app with your Amazon account, restart the app to refresh your library.
- Double-click your e-book to read it.
Now that your e-book is in the Amazon Kindle app's library, in the future you can just open the app to read your e-book.