Frequently Asked Questions
Use the frequently asked questions below to discover more about strengths, the CliftonStrengths, the Builder Profile 10, and the resources available on the site.
Taking the CliftonStrengths Assessment
- How do neutral responses to the Clifton StrengthsFinder affect my results?
- Why is there a timer for each statement? What if I didn't have time to choose a response?
- What books and other resources does Gallup offer for taking the Clifton StrengthsFinder?
- Why doesn't a "Both" option exist for situations when both statements describe me well, or when neither statement describes me well?
- What should I do if I am interrupted while taking the Clifton StrengthsFinder?
- Can I retake the Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment? Can taking the Clifton StrengthsFinder more than once affect my results?
- Does the mood I was in affect my results?
- Can I take the Clifton StrengthsFinder if I have a reading disability?
About the CliftonStrengths Assessment
- On what personality theory is the Clifton StrengthsFinder based?
- Can the Clifton StrengthsFinder reveal whether I am in the right career?
- What is the research behind the Clifton StrengthsFinder?
- What is the Clifton StrengthsFinder?
- What does the Clifton StrengthsFinder measure?
- How is BP10 related to Clifton StrengthsFinder?
- Does the Clifton StrengthsFinder measure artistic talent?
- Are any of the themes opposites?
- Can my talents change?
- Can you build a strength through practice alone, or does it require some natural talent?
- What is Gallup's position on strengths and weaknesses?
- What is the difference between a talent and a strength?
- What is a strength?
- What is Builder Profile 10?
- Why did Gallup choose to study entrepreneurs?
- How did Gallup create BP10?
- Will BP10 determine if a person should be an entrepreneur?
Taking the BP10 Assessment
If your question isn't listed here, please tell us what you would like to know.